How To Enter
- Pick up the 2017 Rural Gardens Brochure for a list of Garden locations and your entry form.
- Get a garden-loving friend or two (or three (or more!)) and start visiting our Member Gardens.
- Each Garden has a Garden Code on display, find it and write it in your entry form.
- Continue enjoying what the Garden has to offer before moving on to the next Garden.
- When you have collected 5 Garden Codes, send your entry to
Earth Bound Gardens, 14 Hea Road
South Bruce Peninsula, ON N0H 2T0
- Entries must be postmarked no later than Monday, September 13th, 2017.
- Draw Date: Wed., September 20th, 2017.
Prizes will be awarded to three randomly selected eligible entrants. Prizes are as follows:
- Weekend Getaway for 2 at the Waterview Resort, Wiarton. (subject to availability)
- $200 ‘Garden Bucks’ cashable at any garden with plant sales.
- $100 garden giveaways including Chimney Ridge Maple Syrup, perennials and garden art.
- The Garden Getaway Contest, operated by Rural Gardens of Grey and Bruce Counties (RGGB), will begin May 1st, 2017 and will end September 13th, 2017.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Entries must be mailed to Earth Bound Gardens, 14 Hea Road, South Bruce Peninsula, ON N0H 2T0 and postmarked no later than September 13th, 2017. An entry is deemed eligible at the sole discretion of the RGGB. The RGGB is not responsible for entries that are lost, stolen, damaged, incomplete, indecipherable, or any other reason whatsoever that renders the entry ineligible. All entries become property of RGGB and will not be returned.
- One entry per person. The contest is open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) and the United States, aged 19 or older.
- The contest draw date is September 20th, 2017. Selected Prize Winners will be contacted by telephone within 2 weeks of the draw date. If the selected Prize Winner cannot be reached or is otherwise deemed ineligible, another entrant shall be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
- By entering the Garden Getaway Contest, all entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence and photographs, in all media used by RGGB without payment or compensation throughout the world in perpetuity. Winners will be published on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ruralgardens, on ruralgardens.ca, in the RGGB yearly brochure, and other media outlets.
- The Garden Getaway Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations.
- The offical rules are available at http://ruralgardens.ca/garden-getaway-contest/.
- The RGGB is collecting personal information about entrants for the purpose of administering this contest. By entering this contest, entrants agree to electronic and telephone communications from RGGB for the purpose of the contest.
- The RGGB reserves the right to substitute, cancel, or suspend any portion of the Garden Getaway Contest and/or any component of the Prizes at any time, without notice, and for any reason whatsoever. The prizes are non-transferable, must be accepted as presented, and cannot be exchanged for cash or any other substitutes. If the RGGB decides to substitute any prize or portion of a prize, it will be do so for a prize of approximately the same value.
Thanks to everyone who visited our gardens in 2016 and entered the Garden Getaway Contest! Here are the lucky winners from 2016:
- 1st Prize: David R., Burlington
- 2nd Prize: Shirley T., Kincardine
- 3rd Prize: Beverleigh B., Guelph